I know I’m kind of breaking the cycle by nicking off with this without being tagged by someone, but I really liked it and it’s given me a few things to think about.
I came across this nifty thing while crawling around blogs; I found it at Non-Squishy Heals which was linked from Vidalya at Manalicious
1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Mertaka, restoration shaman.
2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
10man raids, with a lot of 5mans, and occasionally some PvP.
3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
I would have to say Riptide. It heals for a good bit, especially thanks to our (improved) mastery, and it gives me a delicious reduced cast time for my next two direct heals (except Chain Heal). I always have Riptide on CD.
4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
I would have to say Healing Surge. Yes, it’s a nice, fast heal…but it sucks up my mana. My personal stance is, if you’re in a situation where the only thing that’s going to save you in a Healing Surge (unless you’re the tank), then there’s no saving you.
5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? All of the utility! Seriously! I know a lot of classes say that they have a lot of utility, but shamans *really* have it. On my shaman I can interrupt, purge, CC two different things (Hex and Bind Elemental), and DPS a little bit all while I’m healing. And this isn’t even touching on all of the nifty things my totems can do.
Also, Bloodlust. Sorry mages, we were here first.
6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Really, I’m not sure. I’m really really happy with the class and spec at the moment. I know that doesn’t mean that there aren’t weaknesses; it means I just can’t think of them right now.
7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
I haven’t raided 25man in ages, but I would definitely be on raid healing, the same as I was in Wrath.
8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
I really haven’t thought much about this before. I don’t have an answer D:
9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Same as above.
10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Going on a sort of healer cruise-control and just using my big heal >.<
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
Other healers healing outside of their assignments. I know they’re just trying to help, but it makes me feel like they’re saying in an under-handed way “You can’t handle what you were given.”
12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
I think resto shamans are pretty balanced when compared with the other healing classes and specs, yes. Maybe a little on the OP side, but I don’t think we’re leaps and bounds ahead of the other healers.
13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
I know it’s not the most accurate of measures for healers, but I take occassional peeks at the Healing Done and the Overhealing meters. I also look at how many started the encounter and how many are alive at the end of it.
14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
I think a lot of people think we’re still just Chain Heal dispensers.
15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Balancing their regen with getting enough throughput. But I think that goes for all healing specs/classes.
16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
I think they would see a moderate amount of overhealing (mostly due to thinks like Healing Rain, Healing Stream totem, EL, RT). They would also probably see that I tend to heal on the tanks a lot, depending on the fight. Some fights our DPS is good at not taking damage and I have to do something!
17. Haste or Crit and why?
Currently I’m going for haste. Crit acts as a regen stat as well for resto shamans and I’m comfortable right now with the amount of mana regen I’m getting from spirit + Water Shield.
18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
I would say priests, especially Holy. I tried to play Holy for about a month, but I couldn’t get a handle on the cooldowns and some of the mechanics. It felt so bulky and weak.
19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I use HealBot, alongside Decursive, although I’m thinking of giving VuhDo another go. I use NeedtoKnow to keep track of procs and such.
20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I tend to stack stats. I’m still stacking haste, but I would like to at some point get a balance going. I love our mastery now, but I’m sort of unsure on how useful it can actually be in 10mans which is what I primarily raid. If I were to ever do more single-target healing (which I don’t foresee. Ever) I’d go to stacking Crit I think.
Sadly, I am not really connected up with anyone else that would be interested in filling this out D: So, in lieu of actively tagging it, if you happen to Play a healer in WoW, feel free to grab this up and fill it out.